NATURAL RUBBER SOOTHERS Soother Twin Pack Medium Rounded (3-6 mths)
The Natural Rubber Soother is softer than silicone soothers, which makes it easy to wash and care for and also ensures that it won’t fall apart
WHAT SHAPE Natural Rubber Soother SHOULD YOU CHOOSE?
All Natural Rubber Soothers meet the Australian Safety Standard for soothers, code number AS2432-1991 /2008. The Natural Rubber Soothers are also made to conform with the Pacifier Safety requirements by European standard EN1400 .
The Natural Rubber Soothers are also tested by the internationally renowned company SGS for both compliance and also for traces of nitrosamines (proteins that can cause an allergic reaction to latex). Nitromsamines are eliminated during production of the The Natural Rubber Soother, making them one of the safest soothers on the market today.
Many parents are now are looking for toys and soothers that do not contain phthalates, which is typically used to soften toys for babies. While they make toys and soothers soft, they may not be so safe for our babies.
The Natural Rubber Soother contains:
• No BPA,
• No chemical softeners,
• No parabens,
• No PVC,
• No Phthalates.
Care of your Natural Rubber Soother:
Natural Rubber Soothers should be boiled in water for 2 minutes (and allowed to cool) before first time use. Afterwards they should be cleaned on a daily basis. Natural Rubber Soothers will slightly change colour during use. As the soother is made from Natural Rubber the texture and colour of the soother will change over time. Once the rubber is sticky to touch it is time to replace the soother as it is starting to breakdown and biodegrade.
Natural Rubber Soothers should be replaced every 8-12 weeks (depending on frequency of use) with the age appropriate size, if you and your child still need the additional support a soother can provide.
• high level of elasticity & flexibility of the material (silicone soothers have less elasticity than rubber and it can rapidly tear once the surface has been damaged),
• extreme durability (silicone teats are being used for long periods keep an eye out for any signs of damage)
• excellent pull-and-tear resistance
• Environmentally friendly disposal (silicone soothers are made from oil based materials and are a non renewable resource).
• non-static properties - latex does not attract dust
The Natural Rubber Soother is a green product as it produced using a sustainable raw material, the tree sap from the rubber tree used in our soothers is grown and made in Malaysia.
To Sooth or not to Sooth and are we encouraging the use of a soother?
Natural Rubber Soothers are not encouraging you to use a soother, but encourage you to do things that help you during tough times. You do not need to make soothers a permanent feature of your baby's life, Natural Rubber Soothers can help you through a rough patch. Ideal uses for a Natural Rubber Soother:
• Aeroplane travel - whilst the plane is ascending or descending air pressure changes and babies are unable to unblock their ears unless they are sucking and swallowing.
• Painful nipples - when you just can’t use your breast anymore as a comforter, a Natural Rubber Soother can give your nipples the chance to repair.
• Sleep Activator - Some babies drift off to sleep whilst feeding and when you transfer them into bed they can wake up. By using a Natural Rubber Soother during this transition from feeding to the cot, baby can use the Soother as a sleep activator.
• Optional Parent Helper - Natural Rubber Soothers are an optional parent helper, they are not always essential, as many babies will never need a soother. Every parent has different needs, providing safe alternatives for your babies in these circumstances are