Organic Soapberries 500g - Natural Laundry Detergent
Our natural and organic soapberries are the perfect solution!
Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are hypo-allergenic and perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
Using soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag and compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
Completely chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable. Soapberries are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
Another great benefit is that soapberries eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh. The soapberries we stock at Australian Organic Products are also certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
More benefits of organic soapberries:
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process.
This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home. Our strong believe is that nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
Buy organic soapberries online and we post them straight to your front door, so that you can start using a natural & organic laundry detergent as soon as possible!
How do I use soapberries?
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
Want more information about soapberries?
Our features list has everything you need to know about this great natural product.
- Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners.
- They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
- Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas.
- The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
- Our Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities.
- By purchasing our product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.