POWER SUPER FOODS Organic Wakame Flakes Wild Canadian Seaweed 50g
POWER SUPER FOODS Organic Wakame Flakes Wild Canadian Seaweed "The Origin Series" 50g
Sea vegetables help alkalise our bodies from the over-acidity of the modern diet and contain 10 to 20 times MORE bioavailable minerals and vitamins than land vegetables, with no fat and low calories ! For example, lack of iodine in the human body (which is widely absent from Australian soils but present in sea vegetables) can create a whole huge range of serious health issues – look them up!
So much life has sprung from the ocean feeding on the most basic, nutritious element - sea vegetables. Sourced from clean, wild and wonderful areas around the world ensures all the elusive trace elements, fibre and minerals are the cleanest sustenance for your own daily life…..enjoy.
Wakame seaweed is a good source of Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, C, E, K, folate and soluble/insoluble fibre, and has among the very highest nutrient-to-calorie ratios (from a vegetarian source). The salty taste is not just salt but a balanced, chelated combination of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, iron and trace minerals.
1. What does Wakame taste like? Kinda salty, kinda ‘sea-fresh'.
2. Do I have to hydrate it first? No these flakes have a soft texture.
3. Is it raw? Yes…. either shade-dried or sun-dried.
4. Is it irradiated? No! Double NO!! A food can not be certified organic AND irradiated – the two are mutually exclusive.
5. Is it just like the bright green Wakame you are served in sushi restaurants? NO, that is actually a highly processed version of Wakame, involving nutrient loss and a high carbon footprint. Ours is the natural dark green, naturally dried version of this.
6. Is it from Japan? Or China? Or Korea?? No, no, & NO! Our Wakame is from Canada.
Brand Origin: Australia
Product Size: 50g